Pre-event trips to space-related places nearby
Just so we keep track of the self-organised pre-tweetup activities the day before the real thing on Sunday. Here is my plan for the day on Saturday. Two great space events in one day!
Please feel free to add your suggested alternative programs below.
***NOTE: Info on car sharing is on the DISCUSSION page.
Space Hall at Technik Museum Speyer
organiser: Remco Timmermans (@timmermansr)
- 08:00 - Departure from Köln to Speyer - see DISCUSSION page for details
- 10:30 - Arrival at Technik Museum Speyer
- 10:30 - 14:00 - Guided tour (English) through Space Hall: Buran, Soyuz TM-19, etc.
- 12:30 - Lunch at museum restaurant
- 14:00 - Departure from Speyer to Köln/Bonn
- 16:00 - Arrival at Bonn Public Observatory (see below) or Köln city centre (slightly later)
No minimum or maximum number of attendees, assuming we have sufficient drivers. Further details of the event on the registration page (see below link)
Register here: http://www.amiando.com/speyer11
Brigitte Bailleul (@Brigitte_Ba), Joachim Baptist (@JustBe74) + car, Claudia Bothe (@CaoilinnS), Virginie Courbin (@giniexxcee), Rob Drysdale (@projmgr), Marco Frisssen (@mfrissen) + car, Anne (@cpamoa), Angie Kanellopoulou (@akanel), Karen Lopez (@datachick), Daniel Marín (@Eurekablog), Jaap Meijers (@twisst), Martin Stojanovski (@martincco), Remco Timmermans (@timmermansr) + car, Lynn van Rooijen (@lynnvr) + car, Karl Urban (@pikarl) + car (but starting from Heidelberg)
Amateur astronomy meeting & BBQ @ Public Observatory in Bonn
organiser: Daniel Fischer (@cosmos4u) / Lynn van Rooijen (@lynnvr) local organiser: Paul Hombach, (email@example.com)
max. 20 attendees!
- 15:00 - Start of the Event Presentations during the first 1 1/2 hour are in German but lots of pictures & a summary in English can be provided
- 16:30 - BBQ-break (possible arrival of our SpaceTweetup group) plus at some point, tour of Argelanders historical observing site
- 18:30 - 1 hour presentation from a group of STS-135 tweetup alumni (English)
- 19:30 - (possibly) a 1/2 hour presentation on Astrophotography with a Hyperstar Lens (English)
- 20:00 - 1 hour Solar Eclipse from Easter Island (at least partially in English)
- 21:00 - Approximate end of meeting
Details at Bonn Observatory website (German)
You don't need to be an (amateur) astronomer to attend - just interested!
For the BBQ: BBQ-sauces, bread and a variety of drinks (including German beer) are provided (donation to observatory appreciated to cover costs) but we need to bring meats for the BBQ ourselves. Shouldn't be a problem to stop at a grocery store since several of us are driving.
Register here: http://www.amiando.com/BONN11
Attendees registered (Please note - registration is now unfortunately CLOSED as we have exceeded the capacity we have. Only those registered through the link above are formally registered. The list below is just a summary of that list, not a registration):
Brigitte Bailleul (@BrigitteBa) Joachim Baptist (@JustBe74) Simon Bierwald (@SimSullen) Virginie Courbin (@giniexxcee) Kathrin Grannemann (@Katti) Anne (@cpamoa) Angie Kanellopoulou (@akanel) Jaap Meijers (@twisst) Alexandra Neumann (@4tuneQkie) Eico Neumann (@travelholic) Catherine Qualtrough (@CatherineQ) Jen Scheer (@flyingjenny) Raymond Searson (@Fiddlersinbonn) Chris Shaffer (@Herrea) Martin Stojanovski (@martincco) Remco Timmermans (@TimmermansR) Lynn van Rooijen (@lynnvr) Alex von Eckartsberg (@starlingLX) Marco Zambianchi (@marcozambi) Matthias Schmitt (@spaceracekids) Roland Taams (@HollandSpaceCen)
Fieldtrip to the radio telescope Effelsberg
organiser: Peter Stumpf (@UN_SPIDER)/ Simon Bierwald (@SimSullen)
Self-guided visit of the Radiotelecope in Effelsberg (http://www.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de/radioteleskop/index.html) With at least 10 attendees we could try to book a short presentation at the visitor center. Unfortunately there will be no chance to take a look inside the telescope. There are also different Trails to take a walk around the telescope.
Possible drivers (private cars) from Cologne:
Simon Bierwald (max. 3 pers. & driving to the meeting in Bonn afterwards)
So, who is seriously intrested?
Simon Bierwald, Kathrin Grannemann ...